Personal Attention to Help Your Child Thrive
Sure, you want your children to love reading. It’s why you read their favorite stories to them (over and over and over again) when they were very young. But not every child is a natural born reader … and even kids who are great readers can use reading help from time to time. Because no two children are exactly alike, we personalize reading tutoring to each child, giving kids the personal attention — and confidence — they need to thrive.
When you choose Sylvan Learning of Peoria, reading tutoring starts with Sylvan Insight™, our proven approach to learning. We take the time to get to know your child and create a personal plan for his or her success. Then, we blend interactive technology (such as iPads® and a fun rewards system) with our amazing reading tutors to truly connect with and inspire your child.
Soon, reading becomes the fun adventure it should be. Things begin to click at school. Your child glows with confidence. Our personal approach to reading makes all the difference!
What to expect from our reading tutors
Sylvan of Peoria reading tutors will:
- Make our reading tutoring approach personal for your child using Sylvan Insight, our innovative teaching system.
- Use the iPad as an interactive teaching tool, so reading is fun and engaging for your child.
- Adjust reading lessons to the pace and style that works best for your child. We want your child to feel challenged, but not overwhelmed.
- Share instant feedback and recognition to motivate your child for every skill learned, whether your child is mastering reading aloud or reading comprehension.
- Ensure our reading tutoring program aligns with state and Common Core standards, so the skills your child is learning at Sylvan make an impact at school.