SAT Test Prep and Courses
With more than one million students taking the SAT test each year and ever-increasing competition to get into the best universities, the stakes are high for preparing for college. The good news? As your family’s college checklist grows longer, you can take SAT prep off your list. Sylvan’s SAT test prep can help your teen navigate this big test with ease, earning impressive scores along the way.
“But will my son (or daughter) like going to Sylvan?” you wonder. The answer may surprise you. From our high achievers to our kids who need an extra boost, teens of all test-taking abilities like going to Sylvan for SAT prep. Our tutors motivate and inspire teenagers with a personal approach that takes the mystery out of college admission tests.
The results? You’ll not only see impressive SAT test scores, but you’ll also see your son or daughter grow with confidence. Many of our students master the skills needed to raise test scores in as little as five to eight weeks!
Why our SAT test prep works
In contrast to most SAT prep programs, Sylvan uses a proven mix of small-group instruction, independent learning, online resources and SAT practice tests. This comprehensive approach ensures that kids not only learn strategies for tackling every type of exam question (including the essay portion of the SAT), but they also can focus on the specific skill areas they need to improve.
With our in-class SAT prep, your teenager can take full advantage of:
- Small-group instruction on the skills and strategies that are needed to score high.
- Expert SAT tutors who know the college entrance exams inside and out.
- Personalized homework to improve the skills that need the most help.
- Flexible class hours to fit your teen’s busy schedule.
Sylvan Prep Online: Independent SAT practice
One of the coolest parts of our SAT prep program is Sylvan Prep Online, our personalized, online learning environment. It’s included with our in-center instruction, or you can choose it as a standalone class.
With Sylvan Prep Online, your son or daughter has 24/7 access to:
- Thousands of detailed video lessons on how to approach SAT test problems.
- Subject-specific video lessons to help improve areas of need.
- An interactive vocabulary builder with hundreds of common SAT test words.
- Full-length, timed practice tests to prepare for the pace and format of the SAT and build confidence for test day.
Before you know it, you’ll see scores go up and stress come down!